Create colourful aliens that are sure to brighten up your day!
- white paper
- 1 CD
- 2 1-inch styrofoam balls
- 1 bottle cap
- glue gun
- beads, toothpicks, pipe cleaners
- Trace a CD-sized circle onto a piece of paper and cut it out.
- Divide the paper circle into 7 or 8 parts and colour each section a different colour of the rainbow (the last section can be left white). You can also experiment with different patterns/designs!
- Glue your design to the CD.
- Glue gun one styrofoam ball in the middle of the other side of the CD.
- Colour in another styrofoam ball for your alien’s head. Add eyes, tentacles, etc. with beads, toothpicks or anything else you want.
- Glue gun a bottle cap onto the side of the CD with the colourful pattern you created. The cap should be glued on upside down in the middle of the CD.
- Place your alien’s head onto the bottle cap (it should sit in place on the bottle cap if the cap is small enough). Glue gun the alien’s head onto the bottle cap.
- Spin the rainbow UFO and observe what happens!