Combine different colours to create fantastic effects with this stupendous spinning contraption!
- 2 alligator clips
- glue stick
- glue gun
- white paper
- double AA battery pack with AA batteries
Safety tip: Avoid attaching the two ends of a battery pack together. This will short-circuit the batteries and might cause a fire.
- Trace a CD-sized circle onto a piece of paper and cut it out.
- Divide the paper circle into 7 or 8 parts and colour each section a different colour of the rainbow (the last section can be left white). You can also experiment with different patterns/designs!
- Glue your design to the CD.
- Cut out a piece of styrofoam that fits snugly inside the center hole of the CD. Glue gun the styrofoam to the CD.
- Push the motor’s shaft into styrofoam so the CD sits at a right angle to the motor. Glue gun the motor shaft to the styrofoam.
- Use an alligator clip to attach one of the wires from the battery pack to one of the motor’s leads (the leads are the two metal tabs sticking out of the motor’s end). Repeat with the other battery pack wire and the other motor lead – Be aware that if the battery pack has no switch, the motor should start spinning once this step is completed.
- If your battery pack has a switch, turn the switch on. Hold on to the motor tightly as it spins! What do you see?