Spring Break Camps 2019 Registration is Open!
This Spring Break, Geering Up is teaming up with The School of Engineering at UBC’s Okanagan campus to offer our popular Maker camps! Unleash the creative side of engineering! Our Maker camps focus on design, technology, engineering, and hands-on activities to learn about how engineering improves our world. Campers will learn about the Engineering Design Cycle, go on excursions in the local art and technology district (of downtown Kelowna), meet industry mentors, use their imagination to find creative solutions to design challenges, coding, and more!
Date, Time & Location
The 2019 Spring Break Camps will run from March 18th – 29th, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM each day. Spring Break Camps will be held at the Kelowna Downtown Library.
|Grades 5 to 7||March 18th – 22nd||$275||9:30 AM – 3:30 PM||Kelowna Downtown Library (1380 Ellis Street)|
|Girls Only! Maker Camp||Grades 5 to 7||March 25th – 29th||$275||9:30 AM – 3:30 PM||Crofton House School (1380 Ellis Street)|
Girls Only Camps
Geering Up is excited to present Girls Only camps this spring break! Our program will incorporate exciting and hands on curriculum filled with science and engineering workshops, challenges, field trips, and projects in a Girls Only environment.
The year our Girls Only Week takes place from March 25th – 29th.
Example activities from previous years:
- Toothpick tower construction: Students learn about forces through a few games and demonstrations. They then test out how to build a strong and stable structure using only toothpicks and marshmallows.
- Coding: Students learn the basics of computer science while making their own stories and games. Learn more about Scratch here: https://scratch.mit.edu/
- Engineering Design Challenges: Students put on their hard hats and build structures, tech, and more to solve a real-world Engineering Design Challenge.
Camp activities are different each year. Our team of Instructors plan the curriculum so they can tailor each week to fit the camp participants.
- Cancellation more than 2 weeks before first session: 100% refund, minus a $5 processing fee.
- Cancellation within 2 weeks of first session: 100% refund, minus a $25 processing fee.
- No refund once camps start.
Have any more questions?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250 807 8890.